Get paid to write about a topic in your field!
Second Language Testing, Inc. (SLTI) is currently seeking Content Area Experts to develop original listening and reading passages for a college-level proficiency test.
- This is a contract position
- Hours are flexible
- Work remotely February through April 2017
- Pay rate will be $250.00 - $270.00 per passage (approximately 4-6 hours)
- Passages should be comprehensible given typical undergraduate background knowledge (100-200 level course)
- Passages should be of either university lecture or publishable quality, but NOT contain published research or copyrighted material
LECTURE: Develop a 5 to 6 minute lecture directed towards a 100-200 level course. Submission will include an outline, and if recorded remotely, a sound file. Self-recorded lectures are accepted only if they meet a professional standard of quality. It is highly recommended to arrange a visit and record at SLTI's voiceover studio located in Princeton, NJ.
TEXT: Develop a 500-600 word simulated textbook or technical excerpt representing 100-200 level course material. Submission will include a word document.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recent graduate level experience in subject (see below)
- Preferred recent TA or lecturing experience
- Ability to write at a level that would be accepted by a peer-reviewed journal
- Ability to develop reading or listening passages based on detailed specifications
- Ability to complete a passage within 3 weeks of assignment
We are looking for experts in the following subjects:
Education: Curriculum Theory
Education: Instructional Theory
Health Science/Medical Topics
Russian/Russian Studies/Slavic Studies
Systems engineering/Programming/Data systems
Anyone interested in this position should submit a CV and contact information using the form below.