Summary of Position
Second Language Testing, Inc., is looking for experienced ESL test item writers for a part-time, short-term assignment. Successful candidates will create English language test items for a major high-stakes academic English language test. Mandatory paid training will be provided. All work can be done from home with a computer and an internet connection.
Item writers are expected to write items to test specifications. The size of the assignments is flexible and will vary depending on your availability.
· Must possess native or near-native fluency in American English
· Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
· Must be computer-literate and willing to learn new applications
· Experience writing ESL test items at the high school, college, or professional level preferred
· Current TESOL certification or equivalent and recent ESL/EFL teaching experience preferred
· Experience with or knowledge of the CEFR, ACTFL, or other language proficiency scales strongly preferred
Please indicate your interest and give a summary of your qualifications, with particular emphasis on your previous ESL item writing experience, using the form below.
If there is a fit between your experience and skills and our project requirements, we will contact you to schedule an interview.